[Mkguild] NO to Immortality

Kendo Virmir kendo.virmir at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 18:33:44 EDT 2008

On 8/8/08, C. Matthias <jagille3 at vt.edu> wrote:

> > Heh, seems a lot like being worried about whether the chicken or the
> > egg came first in the MK universe.
> >
> > That said you might want to stop reading this e-mail if you want to
> > save yourself some stress, Matty.
> > We already have several immortal beings recognized.  The entire
> > Pantheon, Kyia, Omega, and arguably Madog.  Pseudo characters include
> > Cenziga, Whisper, and all of her sisters.  One might point out that of
> > these, only Omega was ever possibly a main character, and he didn't
> > see much use before his author went idle.
> >

> Gah!  How dare you attack my self-righteousness with facts!  Grrr!  For this
> crime you must read all of my Magyar stories over again! ;-)
>
> More seriously, yes, those characters certainly don't seem to have any
> indication of ending any time soon.  But they're all support characters
> really.  But other than the automatons which I wouldn't say are really
> immortal, all the rest are semi-divine.

Before going any further, what exactly is the definition of
"immortal"?  I wouldn't consider simply not dying of old age to be
immortality.  Stabbing someone through the heart and then watching as
the victim pulls it out and laughs is more in the direction of what I
would consider immortality. ;)

So are we talking about longevity, or immunity to death period?

--
- Kendo Virmir
http://virmir.com -- Some of my stories!