[Mkguild] NO to Immortality

Ryx sundansyr at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 07:56:11 EDT 2008

Let me clarify something here...
There is NO immortality.
=A0
There is longevity, yes, but even beings with lifespans of thousands of yea=
rs (Aelfs, Fallen Gods, Dragons) eventually age and expire, or commit suici=
de, or are outright slaughtered (the Fallen Gods will have to deal with thi=
s as their auspices are adopted by the person who kills them, but NOT their=
 alignment...)
=A0
There is going to be a major schizm upcoming with the completion of the Sta=
rchild arc as some writers are amenable to Raven's proposed future (where t=
he chosen Avatars of the Fallen Gods are given god-like longevity), whereas=
 others are not.=A0 I am mixed... the idea of a tortured near-immortal is a=
 very interesting one, but if canon does not favor that then... that is how=
 it will be.
=A0
But, as for outright immortality, bar the overseers of the Heavens (Eli, th=
e Pantheon while in their heavenly/hellish realms) all beings age and die..=
. or wear out (Omega, Madog).