[Mkguild] Cthulhu in Metamor

Ryx sundansyr at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 09:09:18 EDT 2008

I don't have a big problem with some... or yet another, should I correct...=
 group without a reason to be doing what they're doing to be doing whatever=
 it is that is going to get them slaughtered, badly, by whatever it is they=
're attempting to mess with.
=A0
I *do* have problems, however, with rampant murder and mayhem being wrought=
 within the population centers of Metamor... i.e. the keep itself, keeptown=
, Euper, whatever.=A0 With someone wandering about as judge, jury, and exec=
utioner that makes no attempt to communicate their discoveries with any of =
the existing authority figures and bring these events to the attention of p=
eople who might, you know, be just slightly concerned that some yahoos are =
attempting to raise things bottled away by *gods* right underneath their fe=
et??
And then said individual not being, hmmm, executed for murdering folks in t=
heir beds, or out in the street, or even hidden away in the woods?=A0 These=
 are not folk, I assume, involved in the act of trying to raise some beasti=
e at the moment of their unheralded, unjustified, untried execution?=A0 Yes=
, they might very well be guilty of everything they're being slaughtered fo=
r, but without bringing those suspicions to authority figures and taking ju=
stice into one's hands is a sure way to be labeled a criminal and arrested,=
 tried, then executed for capital murder.
Authority figures do NOT like vigilantes, period.
=A0
In total, I don't care about the summoning or the reasons for the odd littl=
e cult making the attempt, it's just the murders & justice that are an issu=
e.=A0 If you want to kill 'em, kill 'em doing what they're going to die for=
, not while they're in their beds if you expect to slip away without having=
 some investigator, or mage, crawling up out of the woodwork at an inopport=
une time to haul you away in chains... or kill you.

And then there are the odd powers of the unicorn involved... immortality/lo=
ngevity, regeneration, et al?=A0 I'm afraid I don't know the extent of her =
powers/abilities, so don't have much comment there... except for the fact t=
hat her prison time might be, well, somewhat lengthy.=A0 Forever is a long =
time to spend in a dungeon.