[Mkguild] Cthulhu in Metamor

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Wed Aug 13 20:19:33 EDT 2008

Okay, I think folks are pretty sure they don't like the idea of
Yvarra killing people in their bed, or at least, that their ought to
be repurcussions for it.

However, we are forgetting one thing and I think this could help Bard
with his story and provide Yvarra the cover she needs not to be executed.

The Watch will certianly investigate these deaths.  In the course of
doing so, it seems clear to me that they are going to learn about the
cult themselves.  This will make them very uneasy as now they have to
deal with the fact that they have a cult that is acting against the
interests of Metamor right under their very snouts!  And from the
looks of things somebody in the order is cleaning house.

How would they know the cult is evil?  Well, the library is very
extensive, and the items that are in cult member's houses can very
likely point them toward the intention of the cult form some tome in
the library.  Once they are sure of this, I bet the Watch would be
very interested in trying to figure out who else is a cultist.

Since Yvarra would be discovered in the end, if her motivations can
be uncovered and she can prove she is not a member of this cult and
if she can convince folks that she was acting in Metamor's best
interest, a death sentence could be commuted (but she's still doing some time).

That's my read on this whole thing.