[Mkguild] Metamor Keep Preliminary Map and Assumptions

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Tue Jan 8 18:19:57 EST 2008

>Interesting note: Glen Avery is arguably the most vulnerable
>location in the Valley, with its open town planning and with trees
>on all sides ... but the lutins haven't destroyed it yet. I'm
>guessing this is because (A) they think the Glen is under the
>protection of the native spirits, (B) the Glenners are so good at
>treetop movement that the lutins don't stand much of a chance
>against their arrows, or (C) a combination of the above. :)

They did make a quick raid on Glen Avery during Winter Assault.  It
killed a couple dozen there, before the rest were able to retreat
into hiding in the caves.  Otherwise they didn't take the Glen
because they didn't want to take the time to ferret out all the
little hiding places, or deal with tree top warfare as they would
have been forced to.  Their objective was to reach Metamor before
anybody could signal the alarm.

And honestly, the Glenners know they live in a vulnerable location,
but after their village was decimated during the first attack back in
699 CR, they've adapted to a more natural defense system that works
well for them.