[Mkguild] Metamor Laws and Customs (and Thieve's Guilds)

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Wed Jan 9 05:25:57 EST 2008

At 10:15 PM 1/8/2008, Raven Blackmane wrote:
>Michael Bard wrote:
>>More discussion and thoughts...
>>
>>Matthias mentioned that there were two Thieve's Guilds.  Are both in Euper?
>>If Euper has ~600 people, that is WAY tiny for TWO guilds?  Is one in
>>Metamor Town and one in Euper?  Is there any general information available?
>>
>Maybe the thieves have day jobs. :) A Thieves' Guild that preys only
>on outsiders is going to have to be rather opportunistic; relatively
>few merchants make the trek up the mountain to Metamor Town in the
>first place, and they'll quickly stop doing so if every single one
>of them gets robbed...

When I get around to it, you'll see that Julian's group does have day
jobs as it were.

Further, given that in every one of my stories, I have had no
difficulty in describing merchants making said trek, or characters
themselves makin said trek, the paucity you describe is not as severe
as you think.

The Festival grounds tend to be inside the curtain wll, as has been
established in previous tales.  You know the merchants are going to
want to go where the people are to sell their wares.