[Mkguild] Metamor Mapping Project

Michael Bard bard.michael at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 04:34:00 EST 2008

I apologize for the delays, and the silence, but I've been dead to the world
(fairly literally) with a bad flu/cold the last couple of days.  Thus, I'll
just group all my responses here...  :)

The newest iteration: http://transform.to/~mwbard/stuff/metamorkeep4.jpg  As
pointed out by Raven, the keep itself had been made into a mirror image,
that has been undone.  The orphanage and smithies have been added.  Euper
has been moved closer.  The Killing Zone has been made larger:

Mathias: The link you gave has the Killing Zone as (roughly) 900'x380'.  The
large black box shows those dimensions.  I've pushed it up to about
400'x450'.  To make it any larger, I'm going to have to redo much of Metamor
Town to make the walls make sense.

Or, being a lazy 'corn, I do have to ask, how critical is the 900x380
dimension?  Is what I have on the map reasonable?

If it is highly important, then I'll fix the problem.  But, I do want to
confirm before I put the extra effort in.

Matthias: I just want to ensure you that I started this NOT to cause
trouble.  Literally, I just wanted to have an idea what Yvarra saw when she
looked out the window.  :)  It his proven that this needs to be done, and
hopefully we can all reach an acceptable compromise.

Caravans/Merchants: We have two competing theories.  Since, there is more
than one merchant, we can have both be true.  Larger caravans, which would
be slower, or that has more fearful merchants, tends to stay in Euper,
swallow the loses, so that they can keep their visit as short as possible
and avoid the curse.  Some larger caravans would go up, of course, it
depends on how worried they are about said curse.  Most of the travel "up
the mountain" would be local merchants to get the better deal, or smaller
wagons, etc. from the caravans just due to time.  Does this work as a
reasonable compromise?

Plateau Slope: I will make it shallower than a sheer cliff.  I thought the
sheer cliff was a bit much myself.  :)  There will be a gentle slope from
where Winter Assault broke through with the worm somebody mentioned

Euper Waste: Yes, I know that medieval communities just dumped it in the
river.  Sadly, Metamor has no river so another solution is necessary.  :)
Does anybody know how some of the crusader fortresses in the holy land did
it?  As I recall, a lot of them weren't near bodies of water.

I think that's everything.  I'm going to stagger to bed now before I fall
over...  If I forgot anything, I apologize -- it was not intentional.

Michael Bard