[Mkguild] Kyia and a sense of humour?

The Metamor City Podcast feedback at metamorcity.com
Sat Jan 12 01:48:39 EST 2008

Michael Bard wrote:
> In my fever addled brain, a wacko story idea occurred...  Assuming that
> there is an equivalent to April 1 in Metamor Keep, and assuming that it
> occurs after the cult is dealt with, and assuming Yvarra stays around, she
> would be tempted for her annual "thumbing her nose at authority".  Or, doing
> something like stealing Duke Thomas' signet ring and dropping it in a
> fountain in front of the Winter Assault memorial.
>
> Assuming that Kyia has a sense of humour, this is doable.  If she doesn't,
> then there isn't a hope in hell of it actually working.
>
> So...
>
> a. Is this as fever-addled idea as the brain it came from?
> b. Does Kyia have a sense of humour?  Or, enough of one, to let this occur?
Yes, Kyia does have a sense of humor, though it doesn't run towards pranks or cruelty. She does, however, believe very strongly in the self-determination of mortals, so she wouldn't interfere unless someone actually got into danger because of a prank.

In terms of the date, April 1 is out because that's actually a religious/cultural holiday called First Planting -- more important to farmers than to city folk, admittedly, but scheduling a "fool's day" for such a date would be rather gauche. I do seem to recall, however, that Wanderer told a story in which one of the days of the winter holiday season was a kind of "fool's day" in which it was permissible to prank, mock and joke about the people in authority, even up to the Duke himself. (Apparently this was a holdover from the days of the Suielman Empire, when you could be put to death for speaking certain calumnies about the Emperor.) He based it on Saturnalia, which was celebrated in the Roman Empire on December 17th; I don't think Wanderer ever set a date for his version, and I don't know if anyone else ever used it in their storires. In the MK world it might be a former feast day for Klepnos that became "secularized" after the daedra lords were ejected from the approved pantheon.

Cheers,

Raven

--
The Metamor City Podcast: An audio fiction series created by Chris Lester. Subscribe today at www.metamorcity.com!