[Mkguild] The Last Tale of Yajakali - Chapter L

Christof M. Bradford christof.bradford at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 21:58:35 EST 2008

C. Matthias wrote:

|>         Elvmere chittered angrily at himself,
|> and then covered his muzzle with both
|> paws.  Neither acolyte turned to see what had
|> made the noise; they continued on down the hall
|> and disappeared within a large doorway.

| I'm sure he wouldn't approve of that line of work. ;-)

Heh, if you liked Elvmere in this scene, you should have a look at the
re-write Matty did for chapter Forty-Nine.  I helped him with that, by giving
him a couple ideas.

|>         Nemgas well remembered the day they
|> learned the Driheli were chasing them.  They’d
|> reached Barchumba on their way south, the great
|> defile that afforded them entry to the upper
|> reaches of the Vysehrad.  They ambushed a
|> scouting party of two knights and their squires,
|> one of whom would later become a Magyar and take
|> the name Grastalko.  Into the Vysehrad they’d
|> fled, all the way to the lost city Hanlo o
|> Bavol-engro, known as Carethedor to its
|> builders.  There, in the centre of the city, they
|> found the grave of Pelain of the Suielman Empire;
|> and he learned that Pelain had once climbed the
|> terrible Cenziga, for he had also been cleft in twain, like Nemgas and
|> Kashin.

| Well, none of those events happened in 'Last Tale of Yajakali'.  Plus,
| given that this is the start of a new book, I felt it prudent to remind
| the readers of all that's transpired to this point.

My word, the Magyars actually felt that a town gave them adequate payment for
their entertainment services?  I'm shocked!

|>         Kaspel snapped around, his face pale.
|> “Ah!  Thank thee!” Kaspel took it and began to
|> eat rapaciously.  Nemgas stared at the southern
|> horizon, curious what the archer had seen, other
|> than the gentle hills, he glimpsed nothing at
|> all.  Nevertheless, he and the others hunkered
|> closer to the fire to ward off a sudden chill wind.

| Because you're reading one of my stories. ;-)

I'm more worried about the revenant that may or may not be following them.