[Mkguild] Metamor's planet

Michael Bard bard.michael at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 02:51:26 EDT 2008

Hmm...

I DO question some of your assumptions...

Name.  Who knows
Mass.  There is a novel "Big Planet" where the planet is very low density
and thus is massively huge but with roughly 1G.  However, if there are maps
of the entire planet (I think there are) with a scale, that would settle the
size.  Mass could still be toggled (see GRAVITY below)
Atmosphere: Sadly, most of the fun goes away because Fox Cutter comes from
"Earth".  CRAP!  So, you're pretty well stuck with an ON atmosphere, though
you can play with the trace gases.
Gravity: Again, due to Fox Cutter you're stuck close to 1G.  No more than
1/2 a G in either direction.  If Cutter wasn't there, you could have
15-20G -- everybody was born here, and to them it would be just 1G (Damn you
Cutter! :) )
Moons: You're stuck with what is already written about. I think it's in the
Wiki somewhere.
Sun: More variation here, as long as it's not bright enough to blind Cutter.
Could be a dim old sun, could be a young giant.
Poles/Axial Tilt: You need to know how winters work, length in different
regions, etc.

Why is Metamor in a solar system?  It is a fantastical world with gods and
all that.  How come, for example, Eli isn't ACTUALLY the sun.  The planets
doesn't move, the sun orbits around it, etc etc.  THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!

Michael Bard

I was wondering a few days ago about an issue, regarding Metamor Keep, that
I don't think anyone has touched yet.
While I have seen maps of the land surrounding Metamor and so, I have yet to
see the actual planet of Metamor and some details about it. Did anyone ever
thought about that?

As far as I've read (unless I'm mistaken), I have gathered this information:

Name: ??? (was Metamor's planet ever named? Hopefully it'll be a more
original name than "Earth" :)
Mass: ??? (1 would be the Earth's mass. How bigger or smaller Metamor's
planet is?)
Atmosphere: 1 (air pressure, again compared to Earth). Similar amounts of
hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen and lesser gases, I suppose, since it's a
breathable atmosphere for humans.
Gravity: 1 (unless I'm mistaken)
Moons: 1 (amount), 1 (lunar mass, compard to the Earth's Moon, or am I
wrong?)
Sun: ??? (yellow, maybe same mass as the Earth's sun, or bigger, or smaller?
Remember, the bigger the sun, the more far the planet must be from it)
Poles: 2, north (in the ocean) and south (was it in a continent? MK's world
has a version of Earth's Antarctica?)
Axis tilt: ??? (there must be an axis tilt for seasons to happen, you know
:)

Rotation time: 24 hours, counter-clockwise (unless the sun doens't rises by
the east and sets by west)
Orbit: 365 days (and maybe 6 hours, if Metamor's world has leap years too)

I could also ask about which other planets are located in MK's world's solar
system, but I guess that would be too much asking :)

SenkoLKE