[Mkguild] Life Expectancy in MK universe

Kendo Virmir kendo.virmir at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 21:30:46 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Kit <stormkit10 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well the point of what I suggested is that the age catches up with them so
> quickly there IS no time to prepare. If you're lucky you notice you suddenly
> can't change age anymore, but if not your first clue is suddenly aging until
> old age and death. The whole process would take no more than a day, two at
> absolute most. There is no advance warning and one day of knowing is so
> short, that people would still endlessly fret about their upcoming death or
> not be prepared for it at all. Old age is in a way one of the primal fears
> of humanity, and the sudden and out of control aging would be even more
> terrifying than just suddenly dropping dead. The sudden death is too sudden
> for a person to be really worried about it, it's not something to worry
> about, it'll just happen. One day you drop dead and that's it. Rapid aging
> is a far larger drawback to the AR curse and makes much more sense in my
> opinion.

Totally disagree.

This is just adding unnecessary technicalities.  The whole point of
the AR curse is to stop aging altogether.  Having them suddenly age
contradicts the curse.

Personally I think ARs should never simply die of old age.  There are
plenty of other ways a child could die in a medieval society,
especially through sickness, so that would hardly be a case of
immortality.  However it that's a moot point since it has already
established that ARs do die of old age.  Having them drop dead
unexpectedly, as Mr. Olson exemplifies in one of his stories, is the
only way to handle this without them aging.  It doesn't need to make
sense.  It's MAGIC!

--
- Kendo Virmir
http://crimsonflagcomic.com -- My webcomic!