[Mkguild] Nunly's Lutins - part 11

Mythril Vulpes mythril.vulpes at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 02:17:39 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Kit <stormkit10 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well what do you know? MK finally has its stealth carpenters! For at least a
> year now there's been an 'in' joke around the guild that invisible lutins do
> the construction around MK while no one's looking. Never thought someone
> would actually make it actually happen! I have to ask where you got this
> idea, did someone tip you off or is it just a really amazing coincidence?
> Either way I found that I really liked this story as it's rare to find a
> comic relief character that is actually competent (even if it's by virtue of
> being incompetent). Excellent story that can stand on its own if need be,
> but can also easily be expanded upon.
>
> Kit

Kit.

  I had to wait all day before replying so that I could stop laughing.
The thought of this crew of Lutins actually building anything left me with a
vision of Metamor Keep meets Dr. Seuss.

  For some reason, that has an odd appeal about it.

  I can't remember having seen anything about stealth carpenters before,
but I've been mulling this idea over for at least a year.

  And, I'm VERY glad you can see promise in expanding it. This story was
supposed to be a couple of paragraphs explaining some history that I could
insert in the story I actually was writing. Somehow, the story just took
on a life of it's own.

Thanks for the note.

Mythril Vulpes