[Mkguild] Another Morlunds rules story

Chris chrisokane at verizon.net
Wed Jul 15 22:21:08 EDT 2009

Another Morlunds rules story for all of you to enjoy. It just a small, silly
TF but enjoy!

   Chris
   The Lurking Fox

Negotiating with Friend and Foe
By Christian O'Kane

Message spells are just that; spells that send a message to someone or
something. Very useful for calling for help but the caster must be VERY
specific in what they say as the spell can sometimes be inventive.
   Morlunds rule #14

Be sure of ALL the details involved when negotiating, especially who you are
negotiating with.
Morlunds rule #21

Fine print is a killer.
Mirayas corollary

There is no difficulty that cannot be overcome with some inventive thinking.
Morlunds rule #31

   Sylvanna was in trouble. Of that there was no doubt. A long and drawn out
spell battle had left the woman exhausted and unable to fight any more. She
was trapped, bound so tightly that the woman could not move at all. The only
thing he could do is crouch on the ground with her hands and feet bound
tightly together by bands of powerful magic.

   She needed help but she couldn't send a message or directly contact
something due to the interference from her cage. The best she could manage
was a simple message spell. She needed a strong, powerful and experienced
warrior. Someone strong enough to deal with the mage. Rheged was tired and
worn out from his fight with her and would have little magic to cast. A
powerful fighter could easily killed the exhausted mage. She just needed to
find one quickly. Before the mage had a chance to rest. The woman cast the
spell and sent out a call to the area around her.

   The spell went out into the savanna that surrounded her moving in an ever
expanding circle. After a moment it found something a strong mind that was
nearby. She got vague impressions of the person she had found. A stronger
warrior with many years of hardship and fighting. She could not contact him
directly as the spell was too simple for that. The best she could do is
communicate broad feelings and ideas.

   "Help," she sent adding a sense of urgency.

   What she got in reply was boredom and disinterest. "Why?'

   This was no noble knight so she would have to appeal to his base
instinct. She sent him the image of gold and jewels.

   The response confused her. Boredom.

   "What?" she asked. "He's not interested in treasure?"

   Finally the warrior sent her a reply of sorts the image of her and some
male engaged in wild passionate lovemaking. Then the image of her holding
children.

   Sylvanna smiled and laughed. No gold for this man. He wanted a wife and
children. She sent the image of two people holding several babies.

   Now the woman felt interest. She felt the man finally stirring and
heading her way. "Coming."

   Relieved and exhausted she relaxed but tried to maintain the connection.

***********************

   Rheged was delighted but exhausted. The fight against Sylvanna had been
long and intense but he had prevailed in the end. Now the woman was safely
imprisoned in front of him. He could sense her calling for help but he had
picked the battlefield carefully. The only thing that lay around them was
empty savanna. At least he thought it was empty.

   Nearby hidden by the brush he was crouched in lay Sylvanna's rescuer. His
presence should have been detected by an alarm spell but that spell had
faded with time and Rheged was too tired to recast it. The figure slowly and
with great skill crept closer to the mage. Rheged was more intent on keeping
his captive from escaping and paid little attention to the world around him.

   There had been several man shaped golems but the last of them had been
destroyed in the fight. Sylvanna had dispelled the magic that animated it
and the metal creature stood unmoving as her rescuer crept past it.

   Now her rescuer was close, within ten feet of Rheged. He gathered his
strength and pounced suddenly unleashing the pent up power in his muscles.
In seconds he covered the distance between him and the mage.

   Rheged was knocked to the ground by a heavy weight and he screamed in
agony as his flesh and muscle was ripped apart. He managed to shout the
words of an escape spell and vanished.

*********************

   Sylvanna felt the bonds holding her fade as Rhegeds spells failed. She
collapsed to the ground as she took her first breath of free air in a long
time.

   Her savior was nearby, she could sense him standing a mere arms breath in
front of her. She gathered her strength and stood up. Sylvanna tried to act
graceful and noble in spite of being stark naked. "My savior!" she announced
loudly. "My husband to be. Thank you for saving me my . . " she lowered her
eyes and saw her liberator for the first time. Laying on the grass in front
of her was a large lion. The massive animal was casually licking the last of
Rheged's blood from his claws as he looked at her.

   "Oh shit."

****************

   Sylvanna looked down at the lion for a long moment unsure of what to do.
She let out a deep sigh and sat down on the ground next to the male feline.
He seemed amiable enough and showed no signs of hostility in the slightest.
He had risked his own life to save hers and for that she was grateful.
Sylvanna kissed him softly on the muzzle. "Thank you," she said sincerely.
The lion rubbed his head against her. His massive mane tickling and
caressing her body. She shivered enjoying each touch and caress. "Your more
gentle then any man I've ever known."

   Sylvanna looked closely at the lion. His face and muzzle held countless
cuts and scars telling of many battles fought over the years. This lion was
indeed an old veteran of many battles. Undoubtedly he had fought often and
had many lionesses as his mate. That would mean he was an expert at sex as
well as fighting. He would know just how to bring a lioness to the height of
ecstasy. She smiled at that last thought. "Lucky lionesses."

   His body was strong, large and well muscled. There was no sign of
crippling injuries or fat. Just the signs of age starting to creep in. Age
was something she could remedy. He was a male in fine health. "Well I did
promise to be your wife," she commented. "You would make a good husband and
give me some fine children and a lot of fun. But lions and humans cannot
interbreed. I am a woman and you are a lion and that means we cannot have
children. But I can correct that problem." She kissed him tenderly on the
muzzle.

************************************

   Rheged was angry. Weeks of careful planning and his perfect ambush was
ruined by a mindless animal! The creatures sudden and stealthy attack had
taken him by surprise. If he had not been so weary from his fight with
Sylvanna the creature wouldn't have ever been a problem. He would have his
revenge anyway. Three days of recuperation and he was ready to finally get
rid of her.

   The effects of the spell faded quickly and the mage found himself in a
familiar place. He was again on the savanna where he had fought the woman
before.

   A small camp fire burned brightly. Around it was arrayed some sleeping
mats and a small canvas tent. The smell of roasting meat came to him and he
saw the flesh of some animal cooking on a spit over the fire.

   A small sound off to his right caught the mages attention and he turned
to the source of the sound. There resting close to the fire was a full grown
lioness. The feline took a cursory glance at the man and resumed licking one
of her paws.

   The mage cast a simple spell and its focus quickly settled onto the
lioness. "Sylvanna?" Rheged asked.

   The lioness nodded her head slowly. "It is me."

   The mage smiled. "This will be an easy kill."

   The grass behind the lioness parted and a man walked through. He was
tall. Well over 6 foot and his body bristled with muscles that showed
through the short, golden fur that covered him. A thick, black mane framed
his lion head. His teeth were bared as he gave a deep, growl that sounded
like it had come from the pits of hell. In his hands was a large sword whose
steel blade glistened in the sunlight.

   The lioness slowly and gracefully stood up on her hind legs, her body
shifting and changing as it moved. "This is my husband," Sylvanna said
calmly now as much woman as lioness. Her paw/hands started to glow with the
beginnings of a spell. "You've already met him but I've made a few little
adjustments since then."

   The end