[Mkguild] Idea for possible jumping-off point

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Wed Aug 4 23:59:36 UTC 2010

Well, I am always interested in discussing ideas
for the future of MK.  Here are some of my thoughts.

Nathan, regarding your idea on the expansion of
the Curse post Marzac, it is something that I had
thought of doing quite some time ago.  You are
getting into my head remarkably well these days. ;-)

However, at the time I suggested it, I didn't
realize all of the complications and political
instability this would cause.  Further, there
didn't seem to be much enthusiasm for the idea so
I quietly dropped it.  I still think it is a
logical consequence of the increase in magical
energy that will ensue now that the sinkhole of
Marzac has been plugged.  However, I'm not wedded to the idea.

As for the Starchild Arc, I had thought the goal
was to proceed with Merai's corruption
alternative in which she becomes a pawn of
Suspira and takes control of the Sathmoran
Emporer.  I've been reviewing Raven's last works
in addition to working on my own stories in order
to gauge what needs to be done.  I just have a
TON to write of my own so this project is going
to take me some time (unless I get some help from interested parties).

As for the situation in the Midlands, Verdane and
Otakar are currently focussed on each other and I
have a plan in place where Metamor plays a
pivotal role in rescuing Jaime Verdane.  This
situation could go lots of different ways, but my
ultimate goal was to strengthen Metamor's
position politically.  How all of that plays out
of course is up in the air.  One thing I do want
to do is explore the character of Andwyn more as
he is involved in this entire affair from the
beginning.  But I can manage that no matter which way this goes.

I intend to have William Dupré begin building a
wall that will stretch across the entire Giant's
Dike which will fortify Metamor's northern border
and make Lutin raiding parties a thing of the
past.  Of course, that will take a very long time
to build, so don't say goodbye to Lutins just
yet.  Ryx's Ghost Horde storyline takes place well before the Wall is finished.

Anyway, that's some of what I had hoped to do.

What do other people have planned?  And what
conflicts exist in these plans so we know what to work around?

!DSPAM:4c59feeb234891120848174!