[Mkguild] Newcomer

Ryx sundansyr at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 12:22:06 UTC 2010

I do believe there have been other stories that feature lycanthropes not of the
'mindless killing machine' type.
I recall clearly one where the lycanthropic person was animorph cursed yet
retained their original lycanthropy (which was either a bird of some sort or a
mouse, I do not recall immediately - but not a werewolf).

I am not wholly averse to the idea of sane werewolves, but we have to exercise
all due care in how we introduce and manage them in the story setting.  They
would be so rare as to be quasi-unique and NOT seen in any sort of favorable
light, especially around Metamor as they've had to deal with them in the past
generally when Lilith (their creator & Mistress) has her hand in some attempt to
test Metamor's defenses.

Sane werewolves not bound to Lilith would, if of strong enough will and with
much practice, be able to escape their moon-bound state in time.  Just being
able to *control* the animus within them would be a monumental feat in and of
itself.  Escaping the moon's pull would be child's play in comparison... just
time consuming.