[Mkguild] Possible change of rules

Skylos skylos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 22:43:36 UTC 2011

Despite our interest in escaping the restrictions of our world - why do we
imagine these fantastical things otherwise? - we are human, and humans work
best in a realm of limited possibilities.  We're comfortable, we know what
to do with ourselves, we know how to think in that box.  We are problem
solvers - innovative ones even - but we of necessity operate within the box
of physics as they are defined for the universe in which we are interacting.
 No matter how much I wish it, I am not a civil engineer mason residing at
Metamor. But my interest in imagining that character (within the limits as
he is constructed in my mind - which create his appeal) as valuable without
the limits of metamor is nonexistant.

When there is superman, it doesn't matter how great a fireman I am, or
fighter pilot, or news reporter.  When there are nanobots doing the
construction, it doesn't matter how great a mason I am.

Violating the constraints of Metamor would break the appeal of Metamor,
which (perhaps unintuitively) is rooted in its limitations.  Indeed, I would
say if you did that it would be NotMetamor.  Metamor 2.0.  Metamor Castle.
 Metamor not the heck where I am.  But Metamor Keep?  I know how that place
works pretty well.

I'm against it absolutely.  If I wanted unlimited wish fulfillment and
science fiction fantasy, I'd be reading/writing in a universe that has those
things.

David
Skylos

--
"If only I could get rid of hunger by rubbing my belly" - Diogenes

!DSPAM:4e14e52e159181804284693!