[Mkguild] On Common

Bryce Glover randomdsdevel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 18:36:56 UTC 2017

> Hello Bryce,
>
> For the purpose of the readers’/writers' language, just treat it as English I think. But it has been stated in some stories that the common tongue of the majority of the Galendor continent (Midlands, Pyralis, Giantdowns, etc.) is derived from the Suielish language (treat as Latin).
>
> Friday, June 9, 2017, 3:14:37 PM, you wrote:
>> (snipped…)
>
> --
> Best regards,
     Agreed, as this much I’d already gathered from my own reading, but I still feel like English and Common might not be multiversal analogs in content because of their differing origins despite how similar usage patterns of them are.  English is, after all, a…well, a language with an interesting history, to put it mildly (and slightly satirically, as well <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3r9bOkYW9s>.)  Common, on the other hand, should be the Galendorian equivalent of a Romance language given the context you’ve provided.  That’s why I wondered what it might sound like.  That aside, perhaps it’s not important enough or worth the effort to specify…?

Reigning in his etymological interests,
     RandomDSdevel/WhenCatsFoxesandWolvesFly